Salient features of the PGCHSM :
· It is a distanceearning course.
· PGCHSM will be package expanded over the period of six months.
· Health System including Primary Health Care, Health planning, policies, programs, Health Management, Leadership, Human Resource, Finance, Material Management and Monitoring &evaluation will be the core areas in the course.
· The learning activities will progress from knowledge gaining to development of skill in analysis, logical thinking, and reasoning power to problem solving.
· On successful completion of course student will receive the Post Graduate Certificate in Health System & Management.
· Self study and preparing assignment, carrying out exercises and projects, i.e. a practicum experience and a capstone exercise will be the principal principles of the learning.
· Monthly literature for self study will be shared. Students will have to read the self study literatures as per the schedule and submit the assignments as per the timeline. By and large, PG will have to prepare around than 20 assignments in six month period. PG will receive comments on structured evaluation from two senior faculties for each assignment.
· Two contact sessions of around three to four days will be held in form of workshop(s) during course period. These sessions will be having minimal lectures and maximum discussion on queries, case studies and difficult issues etc. Participation in interactions sessions will be optional; however each contact session carried credits.
· At the end of six months a comprehensive objective test and oral examination will be carried out as a terminal evaluation.
· Candidate will get the course wise total credit based on the assignments and course ending evaluation. Every fortnight delay in submission beyond deadline will attract 5 % penalty reduction from the score attained for assignment.
· Entire PGCHSM contains 100 credits. A credit for each course is fixed. It is expected that candidate has to secure 40% of credit for clearing the individual Unit as well as entire Course